I have used this prayer often, and it always helps me move into the day with intention and joy. It is by Joyce Rupp from her book Out of the Ordinary. I post it here with her permission. The video will help you see it in action.
- We offer the Creator praise and gratitude:
Stretch your arms high and wide above your head.
I thank you, Holy One, for the gift of another day of
2. We intentionally become aware of our spiritual bond with all of creation:
Hold arms out from your sides, a little below shoulder height. Pivot to the left and to the right with your arms stretching outward toward the cosmos.
I reach out in compassion to my sisters and brothers
throughout the universe.
3. Offering my life to the Holy One:
Stretch your arms out straight in front of you, slightly apart, palms up.
I give to you all I am and all I have.
4. Opening to accept what the Holy One offers me this day:
Pull your hands close together and cup them as a container.
I open my entire being to receive the gift that you have waiting for me in this new day.
5. Remembering to be kind to our planet Earth:
Bend over, reach down, and touch the floor.
I touch this planet Earth, with awe, reverence, and gratitude, promising to care well for her today.
6. Awareness of the indwelling presence of the Holy One:
Stand with crossed hands over your heart, and bow forward.
May I be united with you throughout this day, aware of your love strengthening me and shining through me.